12 February 2009

MTC - Lima, Peru 12 Feb 2009


Hola!!
Hello family!! I am in Lima Peru!! On another continent!! How Crazy is that!? Well I made it safely to the MTC here at approximately oh three in the morning and my lovely energetic and enthusiastic new companion Elder Nicho woke me up for the day at six!! WOO!! We are two hours ahead here and I am feeling the effects of no sleep as well as the time difference. On the plane to Lima I sat next to an elder named Elder Bakker, He is an awesome elder and we really hit it off. I fell asleep on the flight for a total of like oh thirty minutes?? When I woke up Elder Bakker was teaching Charlie, the guy sitting next to him on our row, the first lesson!! I of course being a missionary :) joined in the teaching. He is very interested and we gave him a Book of Mormon and committed him to reading it and outlined and marked specific passages for him to read, which he read on the flight. It was a cool experience. I love teaching the gospel!

Then I got the rude awakening landing in Lima; there is no English here! HAHA WOW you can not teach very well when you can not speak their language. However I know I am doing what is right and that God sent me here for a reason. I keep reassuring myself this is going to be hard but I know the Lord will bless me through my faith and I have to turn it over to Him. Today was my first Peruvian breakfast! My first breakfast ever eating pork ribs, platano chips ??, and a bowl full of yogurt, really it was exactly like tubby custard. It was strange but it was good. The weather here is incredible. I am loving it!! Once i get over this language barrier I may never come home! just kidding. I will come home I miss ALL of you very much!! I love you all and am so grateful for all the support you have shown me thus far, but keep it coming!! :)

To send me letters via POUCH mail send it to

Elder Mark (or Jett I guess), Hudson
Lima North
Lima Peru MTC
PO box 30150
SLC UT 84130-0150

I think you all already have that but there you go. Also regular mail to

Apartado Postal 12-167
Lima 12- Peru
Elder Jett Hudson
Lima Peru North
Av. Melgarejo 159
Urb. campo Verde
La Molina, Lima, Peru

I love you all so so so so so so so much!!! Write soon! Thank you all so much!!! I LOVE YOU!!

4 comments:

  1. So what is the difference between pouch and regular? I mean I know the difference, I know one travels by pouch (duh) from a local address but is there one to send normal letters and one to send packages to? And is one faster than the other? THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do i get in contact with MTC of LIMA PERU?
    my grandma wants the discussions.
    my email is
    efzevallos01@gmail.com

    thanks so much!

    EMANUEL.
    Her son is LDS, and starting to come back to church, but I wanted to make the contact to the MTC. thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elder HUDSON, JTM
    Realmente me encanta el apellido q lleva esa placa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! saluds a tu familia.

    ATTE: AIBE MARIBEL INCA SANDOVAL

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUDSON, JTM
    QUE FUE DE TI? DONDE STAS?
    SALUDOS INFINITS .........

    ATTE:: AIBE MARIBEL INCA SANDOVAL.

    ReplyDelete